Are you planning to reach your customers? Do you have any idea about the keywords that you’re working with? What is the rank of the keywords that you’re working with? Do you have an idea how the process of Google ranking works? Do you know how to check Google’s ranking? If you have all of these questions, this article will be great enough for you to acquire knowledge of the methods that can help you in checking Google ranking.
Google Rank Checking – Best Methods
There is no doubt about the fact that without checking the ranks on Google, it is useless to work. The more you check the rankings, the better you get knowledge about your website. Since you’re working for your business promotion, you definitely are looking for a good ranking on Google. Therefore, you must know how to work strategically and the way to check Google ranking. When you can measure the growth, you will be able to take the next effective steps. With the availability of the many free google keyword rank checkers, now it is simple to check ranking on Google.
Irrespective of the business genre, your website needs to work in a very strategic way. You don’t want to keep working and never see results. Therefore start measuring and working effectively to enjoy the ultimate potential of your website.
Why is it vital to check Google’s ranking for your website?
For all marketers, it is an essential part of the job to check the website ranking on a regular basis. Since Google and various other search engines have constantly been changing their algorithms, if you don’t check the ranking, it might result in putting your effort in vain. Without checking the results, it is completely an unworthy step to keep working. So, here we will check some of the major reasons that make checking the ranking on Google an essential step of marketing.
- You must check Google ranking for the pages on a frequent basis. When you know that the site pages have got a good ranking on Google, you will be able to use it for redirecting the vital pages prior to redesigning the website. This can be one of the most advantageous steps for any website as it can prevent loss of organic ranking along with your potential traffic.
- Keeping a track of the website on a regular basis can be helpful to update the existing content along with optimizing them with better keywords. This can be an effective step to maintain and improve the Google ranking for your website.
- Checking the rankings on a regular basis can help you to get a complete idea about the low-hanging opportunities. This means you will be able to understand the pages that have already ranked for some keywords on the second and third pages. When you can find them getting so close to the first page, you can optimize the website and its content to get them on top of Google.
What are the different ways of checking website ranking on Google?
So now that you have got an understanding of the importance of checking the Google ranking, you must be thinking, how can I check my website ranking on Google? Well, there are different methods that you can opt for checking the ranking. Each and every way that we will offer is considered the best and a reliable way to check the ranking. Here we will talk about the top google page rank checker tools.
- Use the manual way by adding the SEOquake extension:
The very first way that you can use to check the Google ranking manually is by integrating the SEOquake extension. You can find the extension readily available on Google Chrome. You can use this google search engine rank checker without any doubt.
So you need to work in a strategic way by adding the chrome extension named SEOquake to your browser. This is highly effective in showing the search results number directly on the screen. However, if you are new to this extension and don’t know how to use it, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check the ranking manually on Google.
The very first step is to go to the incognito or private window from the browser. It is a good choice to use an incognito tab. So open the incognito first.
- Next to this, you have to type google.com and then hit the enter button. Once you follow this tab, it will open the Google search box on your screen.
- Now from your bottom right corner, you have to select the “Settings” and “search settings.”
- Now you will find a section named “Results per page” where you have to pull the bar to 100.
- Also, on the same page, you need to scroll a little bit more to find the section that is named “Region Settings.” This is the section where you need to select the city that you want to focus on to get the website ranking. If you are focusing on the United States, make sure that you are choosing it and then hit the save button.
- Now you have to enter the keywords that you wish to check. Since you have chosen the pages to load a hundred results, Google will show you the first hundred results on the position. Therefore, you can get a view of the first 10 pages in one single page.
- Now in your very last step, you need to press the “CTRL + F” from the keyboard. Then you have to type the domain of your website and check the position that your website is currently holding on Google.
Note: It is always advised to check the website ranking after you have logged out to your account. Make sure that you have an active Gmail account for this. Chances of getting different results are there if you log in and check the ranking. This is also known as personalized search. When you log into the Google account, Google will start checking the browsing history and will rank the sites that are highly visited by you. This way, you might not get an accurate ranking on Google.
2. Make use of the keyword Rank Tracker from Sitechecker:
Sitechecker is known as one of the top checkers that you can use for websites along with as an audit tool. This is a google keyword ranking checker free that also offers marketers the ability to perform comprehensive audits of the website. This SEO rank checker Google is also being trusted by some of the leading giants like Microsoft, Sony, and Airbnb. You can find useful tools offered by Sitechecker, like a keyword rank tracker that can be used to track the different positions of keywords on a SERP. However, if you want to know the steps to perform the tracking, you will be able to find them in the next section.
- The very first step is to sign up for this tool using your email.
- Once you have signed up successfully, you then need to create the project by entering your domain name on the tool.
- This is the third step, where you have to select the language, city, and also the search engine. You will also get options to choose the device type available, like mobile and desktop, for which you would like to track the Google ranking.
- On this tab, you have to add the keywords. The great thing about this tool is that it will offer you the chance to add around a hundred keywords which you can also upload by file.
- Once you have uploaded the keywords, you will be able to check the ranking from the option called “Rank tracker.”
3. Take help from the Google search console:
Google search console is another free google search rank checker offered by Google to marketers. This is again one of the amazing tools that can provide you with the ability to track the search performance of your website along with the statistics on the performance of your website in search results. If you ask me, then this is the best Google rank checker.
If you’re new to using the Google search console and unable to use it properly, you can find the right way from the following steps.
- The very first step is to log in to the Google search console and then search for the website URL in case you have multiple websites.
- In the next step, you have to click on performance available on the left navigation bar. You will also get the chance to make changes to the date from the very top bar.
- In order to check the ranking for different keywords, all you need is to click on the average position available on the graph. All you need is to just scroll down, and you will find some of the most common metrics like:
- Pages: You will be able to check the average position of every individual webpage available on your website.
- Queries: You can find the number of times people have viewed the web page, how many times they have clicked on it along with the average position for every keyword.
- Countries: This will show you the number of impressions that you are getting from different locations.
- Devices: This will display where you will appear on the search results on the different kinds of devices used by your users.
So all you need is to click on the tab that you wish to analyze and measure the results.
4. You can use the SEMRush position tracking Tool
SEMRush is known as the most reputed google page rank checker available in the market. This fantastic tool has the ability to monitor the ranking and make keyword research along with also helping you in a comprehensive audit and doing competitive research. These are some of the most effective steps that you can take as a marketer when it comes to improving your website—everything you can do from one tool known as SEMRush.
So let us find out the steps that you need to follow to use the fantastic SEMRush position tracking tool.
- Firstly you need to visit SEMRush and then click on the tag known as position tracking available on the left menu bar.
- After this, you have to enter the domain and then click on the setup button. All you need is to choose the search engine that you want to use for tracking the ranking, the location and also the device.
- Next to this, you have to add the number of keywords that you wish to track for the positions. You have the freedom to add keywords manually along with importing them from Google Analytics, or you can upload TXT files or CSV files. Once you have included the keywords, the next thing you have to do is to click on “start tracking.”
- After this, you have to click on the overview button available on top of the menu bar. Here you will be able to find out where your ranking for each keyword in a search engine like Google. It will also show if the ranking has recently changed or not.
- If you want to check the pages that are ranking with the keywords that you have entered, you have to click on the button called “pages” available on the top bar.
5. You can also use Ahrefs Keyword Rank Checker:
Ahrefs is a renowned tool used by marketers as one of the top alternatives to the SEMrush tool. This tool has the ability to monitor the ranking of the website, make competitive analysis, backlink research, keyword research along with content research. You should always have knowledge of this powerful tool if you want to measure your growth and performance.
The rank checker of Ahrefs works when you enter the URL of the website or the URL of the blog post. This tool will work automatically to find the keywords that your website is ranking for. Apart from this, you will also be able to check the ranking based on the country. However, if you’re not aware of the steps of how to check Google ranking using this rank checker, you can check the following steps.
- The first step is to open the Ahrefs Keyword Rank Checker.
- The very next step is to enter the keyword along with the URL of your website. You might also need to add the desired nation from the options available on the tool.
- Once you have clicked on the check rankings button, the next step is to get the details. It will help you to show the domain rating, number of backlinks that you have on your website, URL rating, and monthly traffic.
6. Use the top AccuRanker Fastest Rank Tracker:
AccuRanker is another amazing tool that can be helpful to check the website ranking. Even when it is a premium tool, it will allow you to do free searches. The most amazing aspect of AccuRanker is that it has a very clean and easy to understand user interface. You can totally rely on this website rank checker on google.
If you want to know how to use this tool on your website, check out the following steps.
- The first step is to open the AccuRanker. The best thing about this google ranking checker online is that you don’t have to sign up to use this tool. After this, you have to click on the free tools section and then choose the SERP checker.
- Next to this, you have to search for the keywords along with selecting the region that you want to focus. In addition to this, you also have to choose between mobile and desktop devices. Following the steps is beneficial to get accurate results which can again help you to make informed decisions.
- Once you have done this step, the next thing you have to do is click on the “Search Now” button. Once you do this, you will find the results loaded immediately on the screen.
7. You can use the free google SERP checker from Serprobot:
Serprobot is a known tool among SEO experts. This is considered as one of the best Google ranking checker tools available for free. A lot of marketers have been using this free google page rank checker tool to find out their website ranking. One of the most amazing things about this tool is that you will not require registering and creating an account for using their service. Making use of this tool, you will be able to check keyword ranking in different countries like France, the US, UK, and many more.
You have to follow some simple steps to start using this Google ranking checker. If you are new to using this tool, we are sure that the following steps will help you.
- Visit the Serprobot website and then click on the free SERP check.
- Once you have done the previous steps, you will be taken to a new screen where you can find different options available like domain name, region, and keywords.
- All you need is to choose the country or region that you’re focusing on, enter the website domain name, enter the keywords that you want to check for and then complete your verification. You can add up to 10 keywords at a time. And that’s all it takes. Once you have completed the steps, it will take some time to show you the results.
Smart tip: One of the best ways to get on top of the Google ranking is by checking exactly what your competitors are doing. So, you can write the domain URL of your competitor and check out how they are working and what keywords they are focusing on. This will offer you the idea and help you to take better steps to acquire amazing results.
8. You can use Google Chrome Extension named Rank Checker:
Google’s Rank Checker is the best Chrome extension that can be used for tracking your keyword ranking. You can enjoy the range of features and advantages that comes with this amazing tool.
Rank Checker is a good choice for people who are looking for a free google website ranking checker. You can easily install it on the browser. All you need is to search for the tool in the web store and then click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
So if this is the first time that you are doing it, let us check out the most effective steps.
- The very first step is to open the website that you wish the google rankings for.
- All you need is to click on the extension icon available in your top right corner.
- Now you will need to check the very first column and enter the keywords that you are working with. You will also find the columns available for the country. Once you have filled everything, you need to hit on the search button. As soon as you hit it, you will be able to check the ranking for the keywords.
Hopefully, you will be able to find it easy to choose a method that can help you to check the Google ranking for your website. I have included eight different ways to check the website’s Google ranking, and these are the authentic and the most simple ways. No wonder all of them are known for their fantastic usage; I personally prefer the Google search engine. I love this Google website rank checker free with multiple features and functionalities.
If you are a marketer and you don’t have knowledge about the way to check the ranking which is mostly focusing on, hopefully, the guide will become helpful for you. It is always advised to measure and work so that you can acquire the best results. In case you don’t check, you will not be able to understand where you are going.
Of the eight different types of ranking checker tools, you can use the free version as well as the premium versions as per your needs. Even when the features are somewhat different, you will still be able to work with the free google website ranking checker.
Google’s Ranking Check FAQs
The ranking is the first step to getting more traffic to websites. Therefore, when you can measure your website’s performance, you will be able to take the right step forward. Besides, you can make informed decisions that can not only improve the website performance but also ensure increasing the conversion rate.
I have included the top 8 tools that can check the Google ranking of your website. All of the tools included in the list are known as the best ones in the market. You can choose any of the rank checkers on google as per your requirement. Everyone will offer similar and best results.
Absolutely yes! The multitude of features included in the free google rank checker will be enough to guide you in your endeavor. Every detail that you need about the performance is enough for you to improve your website’s performance, as this will help you to make informed decisions.
Leave a Reply